Registration is now closed. If you have additional questions, please contact Kathy Poma, KPoma@mmhaonline.org$825 for members
Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT)
$925 for non-members
9:00am-5:00pm on consecutive Wednesdays
beginning April 2nd through May 7th (testing day)
On this page, you will find more information about the CAMT program, its requirements and course offerings.
Maintenance expenses are the single largest controllable element in any operating budget. This course is designed as an introduction for new maintenance professionals or as a refresher for the veteran employee, to give these professionals the knowledge and tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program.
CAMT Training includes seven courses:
The three non-technical courses consist of online learning followed by online practice scenarios; the five technical courses consist of hands-on classroom training followed by online practice scenarios.
* Inside the Apartment Business
* People, Projects and Profits
* The Future of Air Conditioning
* Electrical Maintenance and Repair
* Plumbing Maintenance and Repair
* Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Maintenance and Repair
* Appliance Maintenance and Repair
* Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair
CAMT certificate candidates must have (before being eligible to receive the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians):
* one year of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience;
* successfully completed the five courses and online content listed above; and
* meet all examination requirements within 24 months of declaring candidacy for CAMT.
CAMT Certificate Holder Benefits:
* Listing as NAAEI Certificate Holder
* Annual subscription to units magazine
* Discounted prices for industry products
* Designation certificate, patch and wallet card